Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Wonderful Day


Before I fully jump into the day ahead, I have to tell you what I found when I arrived at the church on this absolutely gorgeous Southern California day. On the south end of the roof of the sanctuary, right next to the apex, several men are fixing our roof. While fixing our leak, they are hanging on to ropes so they don't fall off.
In the kitchen of the church I found six women kneading communion bread dough for future communions. I was impressed by the length of the process. They have to knead the dough for a full hour. Every ten minutes they split their dough in six pieces and make sure each person has one piece from every other person around the table. Then they start kneading again.
In the Fellowship Hall a mother was waiting as her two children spun in circles and giggled. In the office, Pattie is answering calls and Darrell is working with the finances. Headstart parents are delivering their children. Jeff is working on the grounds.

Before I got started on my sermon for Sunday I just had to tell you how much I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment