Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, July 25, 2011

Building a Better World




I haven't written on this blog for over two weeks. I came back from Annual Conference exhausted, disappointed, disillusioned, and disgruntled. I simply haven't felt like writing. Then tonight Peace Camp began. About 80 children showed up to "Build a Better World." When parents dropped off their children they were invited to join me for a reception in the Fireside Room to hear more about the church and why we do Peace Camp. Two parents from the church came to the reception to share what they love about this church. We had about eight Peace Camp parents come to the reception. It was an excellent idea that grew out of the Summer Series.
I was so proud to talk about what makes the La Verne Church of the Brethren special. I had excellent conversations with parents who trust us with their children. Now that the reception is over I keep thinking of things I wish I would have said. They should know we are going solar. They should know about the Celebration of the Arts. But most of all I wish I could convey to them how the people of this church make it so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment