Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

My family hasn't all been together since June of 2010. I have been so excited to have both my boys home for Christmas this year. I knew that I couldn't totally relax and enjoy them until noon on Sunday when the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services were over. We had a great vegan Christmas dinner cooked by Brett. We had Christmas crackers on the table thanks to our son who spent a year in England. So we all had to wear Christmas hats while we ate our lovely plant-based feast.

Then I got sick on Christmas night. I have been dragging around ever since. Brett has done much of the cooking. Thank goodness. I am not great at vegan fare.

I have rallied every now and then for a family excursion. We went to Fela! at the Ahmanson Tuesday night. Today I said I thought I could handle sitting on the beach in Laguna for a couple hours. We watched a seal body surf. That was an amazing sight.

Matt and I did one of my absolute favorite things in the whole world....we explored the tide pools.

But mostly I have been a slug....at least my family is all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment