Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Day with Bryan

I went to the church this morning to meet with Cal DeWitt and several members of our congregation.  Cal DeWitt is in town to meet with La Verne Heights Presbyterian Church.  DeWitt spoke at the Brave New Planet Conference last year in Claremont.  He came to tour our facility and see if he had any suggestions to make on next steps we could take in sustainability.  I always enjoy seeing the solar panels on our roof.

Since I spent the entire weekend at District Conference and at church, Bryan was waiting for me to get home so we could spend some time together.  We jumped in the car and drove north on highway 39.  Matt gave Bryan a couple books for his birthday on hikes to take in Southern California.  We were hoping to visit Lewis Falls just south of Crystal Lake.  We had never driven north on highway 39.  What a nice drive.  First we passed the Morris Dam.

Then we passed the San Gabriel Dam.

We found the correct mile marker and headed up the hill in search of the falls.  There were dozens of downed limbs and we got confused on where the trail was located so we eventually headed back to the car.  It was still a nice hike.  We will try it again another time.
We headed to the California Cactus Center in Pasadena.  A wonderful person gifted me this weekend with a pot that was just begging to have a brain cactus planted in it.  They said they only had one brain cactus and so I nabbed it.  Here is the newest addition to my home!



By then it was the middle of the afternoon and Bryan and I were starving.  We had lunch/dinner at El Cholo Restaurant.  I highly recommend the filet tacos.  We went to see Skyfall at Arclight.  I love seeing movies there.  I love a day with Bryan.


No comments:

Post a Comment