Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Moments of Respite




It was a busy, busy week and there were moments of beautiful respite throughout the week. I had lunch with someone at Mt. San Antonio Gardens. I arrived a little early and spent time wandering past their koi ponds. All I can say is, "Wow!" If you find yourself stressed and stretched I recommend hanging out in the sunshine with the koi.



I have been taking djembe lessons with Steve Biondo for about 15 months now. I wanted to take djembe lessons because it is music that really speaks to me. I have learned that either it is harder to play the djembe than it is appears or I am a slow learner. Both are probably true. We are now at the point in which we know enough pieces well enough to play short gigs. It feels good. Steve calls out the name of the song and we begin. When I leave my lesson my shoulders are less tense and I feel renewed.


Bryan and I were gifted with tickets for Saturday's Interfaith Sacred Music Festival at Hillcrest. The place was packed. We heard good music in several different styles. Our choir did us proud. It was a good evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment