Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sermuncle


Bryan and I are back from Kansas. We went to tell my father "Happy Birthday" in person and to see my sister and her family. My sister and her husband live on a farm where they raise elk. In the Spring, the antlers are harvested for their velvet. It is always such a treat to visit the farm.
You can ride horses.
Enjoy their Great Danes.
Or relish the joy of an extended family.
And if that wasn't enough we went to a dinner theatre at McPherson College. Before seeing the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee musical they served us jello, ants on a log, alphabet soup and pigs in a blanket. I signed a piece of paper that I was willing to be in the musical as an "extra." I did it on a lark and I was called up to join the other "spellers." I was asked to spell the word "sermuncle," which is a short sermon. Who knew? I was picked to be in the musical so they could make the joke about there being no such thing as a short sermon. Since I am a raving extrovert, I thoroughly loved being able to participate.
I love family and I love having the family I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment