Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, August 8, 2011

Another Day in Kansas


Another day in Kansas and another gorgeous sunset....
...a horse...
...some elk...
...a good game of Scrabble with my favorite sister.
We went to Wichita and stopped at the bank on the way. Did you know that in Kansas you can carry a gun with you most any place? If a business doesn't want a gun on their premises they have to put up a sign in their window. We stopped at my sister's bank and I took a picture of their sign. They asked if I was making fun of them. I wouldn't say I was making fun of them but I am incredibly amazed at the state of Kansas.
Then we went to the Botanica Gardens. My sister's husband and son did some building for the Children's Garden. It was a most amazing place. You enter through the rainbow.
The larger than life bugs were works of art.
The concrete trees had personalities.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar took me back to my children's growing up years.
Dinner was with more of my sister's fabulous family.
I am grateful for family and for a relaxing day of respite.

No comments:

Post a Comment