Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday and Saturday


The Program Staff took a few hours on Friday to get away and have a conversation about the future. I appreciate the chance to work with these people. They are thoughtful, authentic and genuine.
On Friday afternoon I was looking for the man in charge of our solar project. It seemed like the only way to find him was to climb onto the roof. I have never been on the Fellowship Hall roof before. As long as I was up there I decided to take a look around. I had a hard time getting down again. As the men on the roof explained, they don't usually allow anyone to climb the stairs to the roof who is wearing flip flops. Oops!
Today I went to the first birthday party of my brother's granddaughter. I had so much fun picking out her birthday presents: a polka dot dress and a pop-up book. She thoroughly enjoyed her cake. It was a pure pleasure to watch her.
She did quite a number on her cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment