Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, February 25, 2013

Highway 1

We left Morro Bay and headed for Hearst Castle. If you are going to live in California, you should be able to say you have visited it. We took the Grand Room tour. Our guide was excellent. We enjoyed being able to walk the grounds afterward.

Then we headed up Highway 1, which is lovely and takes forever. I wanted to stay in Sausalito tonight but the hotel I was hoping to book wasn't available on my hotel app. Bryan encouraged me to call the hotel directly and see if they would make me a deal. They did.

We arrived much later than we hoped but we still took a walk. We are staying very close to the Golden Gate Bridge. It is even more lovely than the pictures can represent. We are looking forward to seeing this place in the light of day.













No comments:

Post a Comment