Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Vacation Begins

Bryan and I left this afternoon for some time away. We have no plans, except to see our sons and try and get some rest. We headed for the central coast. I bid on Priceline for a hotel in Morro Bay and got a room for $15 -- it is 2 blocks from the bay, with a fireplace and king bed. I am so proud of myself that I keep mentioning it to Bryan. He wonders how much longer I will be talking about it. The answer is -- a very long time.

We stopped in Santa Barbara at Crushed Cakes for the best cupcakes ever! I got a Peace Cake -- a vanilla cupcake with icing that looks tie dye and a chocolate peace sign on the top. Bryan got a Butterscotch Pudding cupcake.

We arrived in Morro Bay at 6 pm. We caught the very end of the sunset.

Then we headed for Rocca's. I read about it on Yelp. We sat looking at the rock and ate fish and chips. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment