Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Friday, June 28, 2013

Lazy Thursday

When I got to my room on Wednesday night I was done in.  I called my husband and asked his opinion if I should not participate in the Thursday activities.  He said, "If you are wondering that, it means you are completely exhausted and should rest." So I can't report about the group's experience visiting Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. I slept until noon and then went in search of a Target.  It was a bit of a hike but the exercise felt so good after all the bus riding.  One of the things I miss in California is all the clouds.  So I spent time taking cloud pictures.
Back on the bus in concert dress, we headed to Bridgewater Church of the Brethren for dinner and an evening concert. After figuring out the staging, location of the piano and the idiosyncrasies of sound we gave an excellent concert.  The Bridgewater CoB is lovely.
I enjoy singing in the choir but more than that I love being with the choir....a collection of wonderful people.
As a reward for our good singing we stopped for ice cream on the way home. The pictures of Ryan, Zandra and I using the hula hoop at the ice cream stand are not included!






No comments:

Post a Comment