Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Last Day


Today is the last day of my sabbatical. I am doing laundry, cleaning house, making sure the hummingbirds are fed, and trying to finish up my sermon. It isn't pouring forth like I had hoped. I have always found that when I have been on vacation for awhile, the first sermon back is hard. I am brimming with new thoughts and learnings and I haven't filtered through them yet. Plus, I am nervous about jumping back in. Will I keep my balance?

But I am also excited. I have missed my church home and the people who make up my church family. I am ready to be reconnected to those who comfort, challenge and love me. I can't wait to sing soulful songs in worship again....alongside people who I know how to harmonize with. I can't wait to get my hands in the game and work for a better world.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write. I can hear the words in your voice. Your sermon today was amazing. I am glad that I could listen while I was in the play yard with the children. I was happy.

    ReplyDelete