Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bass Lake


We are staying in a cabin by Bass Lake. I found this lake back in May when I was up here at the District Pastor's Retreat. I was looking for a place with phone reception so that I could check in with Bryan. This is what I witnessed when I arrived.
So when Bryan said that what he really wanted to do with some vacation time was find a cabin and rest, I thought of Bass Lake. We are staying on the south side, which is definitely the quiet side. After breakfast on our porch we drove to the north side of the lake.
We rented a pontoon boat for the afternoon. The basic boat we rented wasn't working properly so we got the party boat. I loved every minute of my afternoon. I got to drive.
I got to float in the cool, beautiful water.
I got to see some of the coolest clouds.
We came in from our afternoon of boating and studied the clouds some more.
Then we had what the locals lovingly call a "Fork's Burger." All I can say is "Wow!"


No comments:

Post a Comment