Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dungeness Spit to Kalaloch Lodge

Kathleen and I headed out to Stymies for Crab Benedict.  It was delicious.  We drove to the Dungeness Spit.  We headed down the hill.

The view from above was glorious.

We walked...

We looked at rocks...

We enjoyed the view.

When we got back to the house the septic tank was being pumped...ohhh...country living!















I bid good-bye to these good people and headed to Port Angeles.

I had lunch with my cousin Ardith who lives in a home with a view of the ocean and the mountains.  It was so good to reconnect with her.

From there I headed to Olympic National Park.  I passed Lake Crescent. 

I stopped at Ruby Beach, highly suggested by my cousin.

I walked down and crawled over the drift logs.  I crawled around on the rocks.

Then I headed to my hotel for the night.  I am staying at Kalaloch Lodge in a corner room with a view of the ocean.

I ate dinner in the lodge dining room.  I sat with a 59 year old woman veterinarian from the UK.  I enjoyed hearing the story of this stranger as we watched the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment