Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Heading Home

I left my curtains open so that I could see the ocean when I woke up.  I was up early and in my car headed towards home by 7 a.m.  I decided I wanted to drive the loop around Lake Quinault, which is on the southern edge of the Olympic National Park.  It took an hour.  Half of the road was a gravel road and had narrow bridges.

The view of Lake Quinault was beautiful.

I saw a huge gang of wild elk.


I stopped at Wolf Creek Tavern and Inn.  It is a historical site.  It was suggested to me as a great place to eat but it doesn't open until 5 p.m.  I stopped and took a photo.

Then I headed to Medford and my hotel.  I worked on my stories, updated my blog and watched the movie, "On the Basis of Sex."






1 comment: