Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Stories and Beauty

I woke up early and worked on stories for Song and Story Fest.  I had two of them shaped up by 9 a.m.  I had breakfast in the lodge and then headed out to conquer the day.  I went to the day use parking lot of Kalaloch Campground and headed down the hill in search of the Tree of Life. 

I started driving to Hoh Rainforest.  Somewhere between the 101 and the ranger station I quit conquering and started savoring. 

On the way to the rainforest trail I saw a black bear.

I started out on the Hall of Mosses trail.

I took my time.  I walked quietly and listened to the sounds of the forest.

I was in such a zen place I decided to also hike the Spruce Trail.

Another beautiful walk.

Back in my car I saw a gang of elk along the road.

I went into Forks to go to the grocery store and get fruit for lunch.  Then I headed to Beach 4.  My cousin said it was the best place to view tide pools.  Low tide was at 4:34 p.m. and I arrived at 4:15.  I headed down the steep hill.

The path down to the beach was treacherous for someone who has had three knee surgeries and one knee procedure.

The tide pools were amazing. The best I have ever seen.  I had the whole place to myself.





















I went back to the lodge and wrote two more stories.  When it was dark outside I put in my air pods and went outside to dance under the stars!
































No comments:

Post a Comment