Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, September 27, 2010

Catching up -- September 27

Bryan and I are at an internet cafe in Fira, Santorini. I have 15 minutes left to update my blog so it will be short and sweet. We took a three day cruise to Mykonos, Kusadasi, Turkey, Patmos, Crete and then we got off the boat in Santorini. Seeing that many islands in three days was rigorous but we saw amazing things. Now we are spending our time sitting on a little private balcony looking over the caldera and doing a lot of sighing. It is so amazing. We are catching up, resting and enjoying the view.

Seeing the site where European civilization began was mind boggling. Walking Curetes Street at Ancient Ephesus was indescribable. Walking up the steep street and steps to St. John's Monastery in Patmos and seeing a 5th century copy of the Gospel of Mark transported me to a different time. I can't believe how packed full of goodness this experience is. I am so grateful to be here. It helps me understand more of what I read in the Bible.

I am eager to post pictures of the places we have been but not eager to leave Santorini. Wow, what a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment