Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Its all about the food


I am in New York City with my sister, Gayle. She flew here today from Kansas and we met at JFK. We got to our B & B by about 5:30 p.m. I got up at 4 a.m. this morning and had a direct flight on a plane that did not offer me a meal. I was starving. We found a Thai restaurant a few blocks away that offered the most incredible food: crabmeat with a mango dipping sauce, summer rolls with a peanut tamarind sauce; crunchy shrimp in a lime curry dressing. Just writing about it makes me happy all over again. On the way back to our B & B we found a store that serves organic, vegan, fair trade chocolates. We ate a few: pistachio apple, dark chocolate mint, pecan praline. We brought the rest back with us. So far I have been in New York City three hours and it has been all about food!

Tomorrow we will start exploring. The room is so tiny we can't possibly spend much time here. In the evening we have tickets to "Billy Elliot."

No comments:

Post a Comment