Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Day in Ruins

Second day on our tour of classical Greece. We got up early to beat the crowds at the Olympia ruins. Not possible. I was amazed at how many people were following guides around the grounds. Jonathan Reed suggested I bring a particular book with me that maps the archeological sites of Greece. It was extremely helpful. We were there about 3 1/2 hours, which was better than 20 minutes.

The rest of the day was spent on the road to Delphi. We saw just the part that houses the Temple of Athina. Tomorrow we will do the rest of Delphi before heading to Kalambaka. Our last day on this land tour will be spent visiting the Monastaries at Meteora. I can't wait.

Greece is a beautiful country. Around every bend there is a new gorgeous sight where I can imagine myself sitting by the sea with a cold ice tea enjoying the day.

Internet use tonight is costing me 15 euros per minutes so more when life is cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment