Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Beauty


When Bryan and I moved our family to California in 2002, people in Indiana would ask me if I missed the seasons changing. I don't. I get Christmas tree lights on palm trees. I like picking oranges off the tree in January. I don't miss shoveling the sidewalk. I don't miss all the muddy footprints on the freshly mopped floor. But I do miss clouds. The midwest has some of the most amazing clouds. When we have clouds here in Southern California, I notice. Below are some of the cloud pictures I have taken since August. (Don't worry...I won't show all of them to you.)
Sunset in Monument Valley
At Mesa Verde National Park
Outside the St. Louis Arch
Sunset in South Dakota
Road into Zion National Park
New York City
Flying above Toronto
Imerovigli, Santorini
Driving on 15 North from Oceanside
Tonight I was driving home from visiting at Woods and I was struck by the beauty of the sky. I stopped at the corner of Foothill and Garey to take this picture. I love clouds!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning. Not only are the clouds amazing, but you've been all of the country. Next stop Britain, next next stop South Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "all OVER the country" I meant to say...
    I didn't get much sleep last night, as you know

    ReplyDelete