Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Morning

With my children living in South Korea and England, I didn't buy one jelly bean this year. I got up in time to attend the Ecumenical Easter service at Hillcrest. It was a good service, complete with a trumpet. When I arrived at church I watched Eric and Juliet creating the most exquisite worship center.
The men were in the kitchen preparing the Easter breakfast.
Bob Dyer was putting up his infamous signs.
Breakfast was delicious. The worship service was filled with incredible music: a brass quartet, handbells, sanctuary choir, ensemble, music written or arranged by Shawn Kirchner and the Hallelujah Chorus. I still desperately miss my children, especially on a holiday.....but I am very grateful for my church family.

1 comment: