Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Las Vegas Stories


Bryan and I journeyed to Las Vegas on Easter Sunday. I know it seems like a strange thing to do since I am not a Vegas kind of girl. But Bryan, who reads the Travel section of the LA Times as well as the rest of the paper, knew there would be things I would love to do in Vegas. I used Hotwire to find us a good deal on a nice hotel.
On Sunday night we saw Cirque du Soleil O. Somehow we managed to get seats on the second row. The ticket actually said "Wet Seat" on it. We did get a bit wet but it was worth the view. Absolutely amazing! I was especially astounded after reading about how the theater was built just to accommodate this most unusual show.
Monday we wandered around Las Vegas. I enjoyed the Shark Reef exhibit at Mandalay Bay.
There are some beautiful colorful displays of flowers and artwork.
We had an amazing dinner at an outside cafe overlooking the fountains in front of the Bellagio.
Tuesday we got up and headed out to Hoover Dam. Bryan had heard about a new bridge there that opened this past October. I have never been to Hoover Dam and found it most impressive. We started by walking across the new bridge. What an amazing view of the dam.
Then we parked and walked across the dam. What an amazing view of the bridge.
We spent the afternoon soaking up sunshine by the pool and then headed out to see Jersey Boys, which was also excellent.
We are home now. Our suitcases are unpacked. The washing machine is running. The mail has been picked up. The dog has returned from being boarded.....and I am grateful for a mate who knows how important it can be to just get away.


No comments:

Post a Comment