Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Enjoying the Earth and Learning about Eaarth


I wasn't going to go to Yosemite today. But when I got up this morning the sun was out and it was a gorgeous day. I decided to head back to Yosemite but take the complete opposite route. As it turned, the rest of the group went the most direct route to Yosemite, just to find out that chains were needed to take that highway. I had a beautiful drive by way of El Portal.
The sun shone the whole day and the park was beautiful. I ate a sack lunch while surrounded by beauty. On the way back to the conference center I got the view I was hoping for yesterday.
When I got back to my room I read a chapter of Eaarth by Bill McKibben. He explains the science of climate change to the non-scientist. I am afraid for our future on this planet. Things are changing quickly and we need to change our lifestyles immediately....and still Earth has already changed so much that it will not recover to the way we have know it in the past. It made me feel very guilty to driving all over Yosemite today.
Tonight our group ate dinner together in Oakhurst and on the way back I drove past Bass Lake. Wow! I was thinking I should move to Bass Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment