Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5th


On June 5, 1982, Bryan and I were married at the San Diego Church of the Brethren. Bryan planned a wonderful two week honeymoon in Hawaii, beginning the next day. We drove to LAX on June 5th and stayed in the Marriott so that we would be close for our early morning flight.
Back then Bryan had a black sports car that he loved. When Bryan pulled up to the valet parking at the Marriott, he said, "My mother will never let valet park her car." He turned over the keys and we went in to register. When we arrived at our room the phone was ringing. I picked it up. "Mrs. Boyer, may we speak to your husband?" It was the first time I had been called Mrs. Boyer.

When Bryan got on the phone I heard him say, "How bad is it? You want me to come down now? This is my wedding night." The valet had been racing his car and run it into a pillar. While it was distressing at the time, they fixed the car and it was waxed and ready when we returned. We saved quite a bit on parking.

To celebrate our wedding anniversary this year Bryan and I drove to Santa Barbara. We stopped at San Buenaventura Mission in Ventura.
We when we pulled into our hotel next to East Beach in Santa Barbara....Bryan let valet park his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment