Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Perfect Day

Bryan and I agreed that we would get up early and head for a hike in Griffith Park.  I took this hike on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but Bryan had to work.  I have wanted to take this hike with Bryan on a day when it was unusually clear.  So I have been trying to find a day when Bryan and I were off together and it had just rained.  Today was as close as I could get.  Yesterday would have been better but I am not off on Sundays!

We parked near the Trails Cafe and headed up the hill.  It wasn't perfectly clear as you can tell in the pictures but it was still beautiful.

There was snow on the mountains to the east and yet it was in the 70s.  There were very few people up there today.

There were doing maintenance on one of the telescopes so we got to see it.

We came back down a different way.  Our plan was to stop and have lunch at the Trails Cafe but it turns out that they are closed on Mondays.  So I used Yelp to find a restaurant in Pasadena.  We ate a La Grande Orange.  I think I found my restaurant.  Bryan had chicken mole tacos and I had short rib tacos.  They make their own tortillas on site.  The guacamole is outstanding.  The kale salad tastes great on the tacos.  As we were leaving the hostess said, "Be sure and take a cookie as you leave."  We had a chocolate chip cookie with sugar and salt sprinkled on the top.  It was perfect.  

We headed back to La Verne for a matinee.  We were the only people in the movie theatre.  What a treat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment