Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Good Food

Right next to our hotel is a restaurant our family frequents when Bryan and I come to the East Bay. We walked over at 10:30 for brunch and Brett & Brendon met us there. We waited over an hour to get seats. The food is excellent and meets the various diets of our family.

After breakfast...which had turned into lunch...we went to Brett and Brendon's home. They took us up the hill to a nearby cemetery because of the awesome view....it was awesome. It was clear enough to see downtown San Fan and the Golden Gate Bridge. On the way back to the car I stepped into a hole and went down hard. I am a little bruised but mostly embarrassed. I will have a purple knee for awhile and I will need to get my glasses tightened but I will survive.

Matt returned from work and joined us for a stroll down Piedmont Avenue. When we returned to Brett and Brendon's apartment, Brett was working on preparing us dinner. It was four courses made with expertise, creativity and love: bruschetta made with Brett's freshly baked bread, beet salad with blood oranges and cherry blossoms, egg plant tempura over noodles and a rhubarb galette. We gave him a standing O.

We ate...we laughed...we played games...we teased each other...we enjoyed being family. I will find it very difficult to drive away tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment