Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Monday, March 25, 2013

Hiking

Bryan and I have been hiking lately.  We joined the Lenten Interest Hiking Group up to Mt. Hollywood, looking down on the Griffith Observatory.  
Then last Monday we grabbed our poles and hiked just south of Brackett Field in La Verne.  The mustard flowers were in bloom.
Sunday afternoon we went back to Griffith Park and hiked back up Mt. Hollywood.  We took some different paths this time.  I cannot believe how many people hike that trial on a Sunday afternoon.  


It was hot and we stopped at Dante's View.  All the benches were taken so I headed over for a tree stump cut like a bench.  Just before I sat down a little boy ran over and showed me the snake resting by the stump.  I was grateful for this Good Samaritan.

When we got home Bryan told me he would like to hike in Laguna so I spent time on Sunday evening plotting our hike.  We parked in a residential area and climbed up and up and up until we were rewarded with a most amazing view.

We hiked about four miles.  We had hoped to have lunch and maybe see a movie while we were there....but after our hike we just came home and took showers.  I am already planning our next hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment