Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wrapping It Up

Today was the final day of conference. It is always a bit of a challenge to check out of the hotel and attend the last morning activities. I arrived in time to hear the moderator speak and see the  consecration of next year's moderator and moderator elect.
The preacher was Suely Inhauser of Brazil.
I kissed my sister good-bye as she headed for the airport. Then I headed out in search of food. If you are ever in Charlotte, NC I can recommend the fried green tomatoes and crab cakes stack at the Mimosa Grill!
Then to the airport for my trip home. The Charlotte airport was filled with Brethren. I had great conversations with people as we unpacked this year's experience. Mary Kay and I were on the same flights home. It was good to be with her. Her daughter picked us up at the airport. Bryan was at LAX dropping off Matt who is on his way to Senegal!  I am so glad to be home.




No comments:

Post a Comment