Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Friday


There is much to choose from in Vegas. We started by finding a Tix4Tonight booth and checking out what shows we could visit without paying too much. We got reduced tickets for Bodies: The Exhibition and the Blue Man Group. We wanted to see Bodies when it was in So. Cal. but we never seemed to find the time. I learned so much about my body by visiting that exhibit. It is amazing how we walk around in these bodies and yet understand so little about them. The most stunning item for me was the brain after stroke. We came back to our room to get ready for the evening. When we left for dinner we discovered that our room didn't lock. We called down to the desk to ask for maintenance and then we waited and then we cancelled our dinner reservations and then we waited and then we ate popcorn and grapes and then we waited. Finally a maintenance man showed up. He worked for awhile and then said he needed to go downstairs. We began waiting again. Then security showed up looking like a secret service agent. He fixed our door in 30 seconds. We ran out the door hoping to make our show. I really had no idea what to expect with Blue Man Group. We were far enough back that Bryan didn't need to worry that he would be taken up on stage but I wished I would have been close enough to see facial expressions. I stayed afterwards and got my picture taken with my favorite Blue Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment