Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday

It was a cloudy day in Zion today. We loaded up the backpack and headed to the Riverwalk to the Narrows. It started to rain as we walked and the signs describing flash flooding made me search for escape routes to higher ground. When we finished the hike we decided we hadn't had enough of Zion.


 So we began the hike to the Upper Emerald Pool.

The map of Zion listed it as a moderate hike. I kept thinking I should turn back but I hated to give up. I made it!

On the way back down, as I imagined the helicopter that would have to come pick me up when I fell and broke my leg, I felt foolish.....but I made it back to the valley floor with only a sunburn and sore feet.

Tonight we went to the Whiptail Grill, a restaurant Brett and I ate at in 2010. The Sesame Encrusted Tofu was just as good as I remembered!

As I get ready for bed tonight I keep singing this song: "We're marching to Zion, beautiful, beautiful Zion. We're marching to Zion, the beautiful city of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment