Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday

I got up before the sunrise to take even more pictures of Monument Valley! After a quick breakfast we loaded the car and started "marching to Zion." We stopped outside of Page, Arizona to visit the Upper Antelope Canyon. It is the most photographed slot canyon and I wanted to see it. We paid the $6 a piece entrance fee, parked our car and then paid more money to hire the required guide. We were loaded on to the back of a truck and driven through a rough, sandy valley to the slot canyon. It was worth the money and the rough ride. I took some gorgeous pictures...if I do say so myself.


The only problem was all the other people who were there to do the exact same thing I was doing!

We headed to Page and stopped to stare at beautiful Lake Powell. We had gone on a houseboat there with my family when I was pregnant with Brett...over 21 years ago. It was more beautiful than I remembered it.

Back on the road to Zion. We came in the back way, along Highway 9. It is a breathtaking experience.

We checked in to our hotel and eagerly jumped on a shuttle so we could hike in Zion. Since it was late in the day we walked a short trail to Weeping Rock.

Two deer stayed close as all us hikers snapped pictures.

Back on the tram we got back to our car around 7 pm. Dinner in our room. I have to get to bed. There is more of Zion to explore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment