Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Friday, April 27, 2012

Thursday


It was hard to leave Zion today so we took the shuttle one last time. I was in search of a particular photo but the weather didn't cooperate. We reluctantly headed for Las Vegas and the last part of our vacation. We had made salads and were looking for a place to have a picnic. In the northwest corner of Arizona is a little picnic ground and we had a windswept lunch. 

I had seen images of the Valley of Fire north of Vegas and wanted to experience the place myself. We got off 15 and headed south. What an amazing place. I can't wait to get home and add my pictures. It was such a cool place that we actually turned around and backtracked just to make sure we didn't miss anything. Then we realized what time it was and got back on the road again.


I had Hotwired a room in Vegas. When they revealed the name of the hotel it was the Trump Towers. We are in a gorgeous suite facing the strip. We only had time to notice the view before we had to get ready to go to Beatles Love. I had found a good deal on tickets through Travelzoo. What an incredible show. We have no plans yet for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment