Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vacation = Following a whim!

Bryan and I usually take some vacation days together shortly after Easter. We left today and I have been so excited that I couldn't stop smiling all week. But the actual process of getting ready to go left me tired and tense. Today will be our longest traveling day and I just wanted to get to our motel as quickly as possible. Then when we were less than a hour from our destination we passed a sign for the meteor crater.

Bryan remembered talking his mother into stopping there when he was a young child. On a whim I pulled off the highway and drove south to the crater...and immediately I started to smile. I am on vacation and I can stop along the way wherever I want to! When I get home and can upload my pictures I will show you the meteor crater near Winslow, AZ.

After we checked into our motel and ate dinner we set out to explore Winslow. There is not much here but they are proud of being on Route 66 and being mentioned in an Eagles' song. We found a mural of a "girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford"

and a beautiful sunset.

Agenda for tomorrow: more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment