Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Day One -- The Trip Begins

I spent the day relaxing, re-packing my bag and running errands with Brendon. Matt picked me up at Brett and Brendon's apartment and we headed across the Oakland Bay Bridge to his place in San Fran. He finished up his packing. At 5 p.m. he put an away message on his voicemail and called Lyft for SFO. We are flying Swiss Air, with a five hour layover in Zurich. 

TSA was a long process. We ate dinner in the airport before boarding our plane. The plane was completely full. I spent the next 10 hours sandwiched in between Matt and a complete stranger. It was an uncomfortable, interminable flight. The only good thing I can say about it is that there were no snakes on the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment