Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Saturday, April 27, 2019

San Juan to Sequim

Our ferry back to Anacortes leaves the dock at 8:05 a.m. so we had another early morning.  We got our car in line and then headed into a coffee shop to drink coffee and watch for the ferry.  The ride was beautiful.  This was our third and final ferry ride of this trip.













We could see Olympic National Park in the distance.

Matt read and I listened to iTunes.  It was a short ride. We headed back to Seattle.  It takes an hour and a half to get back to the city.

I spent my time in awe of the clouds.  It is what I miss most about living in Indiana.

Matt is flying out of Seattle and back to Oakland at 4 p.m.  We had some time to kill and hadn't decided what to do with that time.  Matt had read about a bookstore in Capitol Hill so we went in search of it.  It is called the Elliot Bay Bookstore.  It was a cool place and we both made some purchases and then found a ramen shop for lunch.  We walked around the neighborhood and then drove down past Pike Place.  We didn't stop this time.

We went over to West Seattle and parked near Lincoln Park.  We took a walk in search of more views of Olympic National Park.

By then it was time to get Matt to SeaTac airport.  I dropped him off and began the 2.5 hour trek to Sequim, Washington.  Kathleen, my friend and former church secretary, lives here with her husband Jeff.  I arrived around 5 p.m.  They have a lovely home.  They took me to dinner at a restaurant called Blondie's that is in a former Episcopal church building.  The food was fantastic!  Then we took a drive down to the water in search of bald eagles.  We found a nest and one eagle.  Jeff drove down to the water's edge where I could get a better look at the lighthouse out on the Dungeness Spit.

Tomorrow, Kathleen and I are headed up to Hurricane Ridge.  I hope to see close up what, up until now, I have only seen at a distance!
















No comments:

Post a Comment