Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
-- Thomas Merton

Friday, August 20, 2010

Stairs, Claustrophobia and Twilight

I didn't blog last night because I was unwilling to pay the $15 the hotel charged to use the wi-fi. Brett and I are at a cafe with free internet access and the place is crawling with people.

We drove to St. Louis yesterday. Our goal was to make it up into the arch for sunset. What I didn't remember from my last trip up the arch was the long wait and the 90 steps. I will never take stairs for granted again. It is hard to have mobility issues while on a road trip.

Even though we arrived at 6:30 p.m. we did not make it to the top in time to see the sunset at 7:39. But twilight was better. We took way too many pictures and began our claustrophobic descent.

Today we are on the road to Chicago. My other son, Matt lives there. We are excited to see him and to see the Chicago he wants to show us.

2 comments:

  1. I am just getting caught up on your blog. I hear the rest, the smiles, the beauty, the wistfulness and the love. And it makes me smile. Be well, Sister. And give Brett a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and when you get to Chicago, a hug for Matt too! :-D

    ReplyDelete